Saturday, July 26, 2008

What a week!




My what a week.....sometimes life is a test!....Sunday was a normal day, actually during Young Women's (I am the Secretary) I was spotlighted because it was my Birthday week. They told about me and things I like and as they did they gave me items to go along with what they were telling, for instance my favorite animal is a moose so they gave me a little stuffed moose. I bet you can't guess what they said my favorite color(s) was? Yep, purple, bue, and green, It was quite fun!. Monday I was very nervous to go to work because I had to tell my employer I was giving notice. My old employer wanted me back and offered me better pay and benefits, after almost 8 months without insurance it will be good to be able to have it once again, and of course anytime the pay is better you don't argue!
Tues. was my 54 birthday, wow that sounds old unless you're 54! It was a good day I had a number of friends remember and call to wish me Happy Birthday. Jim and Patty Conan took me to lunch, Justin, Kristin, Wendy, Alex, and Sydney came over that night, we ordered Chinese food and sat outside and enjoyed the food and company. The only bad thing about that day was my dad found out some of his test results the Dr. ordered a week ago came back and didn't look good and he needed to go see another Dr. It was 3 years ago on my birthday when my mom also had to have tests which ended up being pancreatic cancer, so that is a little unnerving coincidence. The news we got on Wednesday wasn't the best but also wasn't the worst. He will be having some surgery this coming Monday and then we will go from there. I was just settling down on Thurs. evening after shampooing carpets and cleaning the laundry room when Wendy called and needed to take Sydney to the hospital. (she is still without a car, after two weeks, {anybody know a very good attorney}and so just shuffling cars and trying to help her get places has been wearing us out) At the hospital and after some blood work and consultations with the ER doc and Syd's regular doctor they decided to admit her. Wendy ran home very quickly to get some things while I stayed with Syd and then about 3 am I left to go home and get 3 hours sleep so I could go to work. 54 is too old to only have that much sleep, but I always have needed a good nights rest. I didn't dare go in late or stay home because they are already unhappy at me for quitting (the office manager quite the same day as I did, neither of us knew the other was quitting either) and then because I have to take dad to the hospital for his surgery I have to get a little time off next week. Oh well life goes on and you do what you gotta do! Hopefully Wendy will post some of the pictures we took since I didn't have my camera. Today is Saturday and after I did some necessary chores I took Wendy, Alex, and Sydney to the river. (Again Wendy has the pictures) we met my friend Patty there. It was very hot and we didn't want to over do it with Sydney so didn't stay much longer than 1 1/2 hours. The kids had a good time and were able to have a pony ride and "barrel train" ride as well as play a few games. I guess that about wraps of my week, I would have much rather been on my family annual camping trip which we usually do this time of year, but that wasn't possible because I have no vacation time. Next Year!!!!!

1 comment:

Justin and Kristin said...

That's quite a full week! But at least you got Birthday presents out of it and a higher paying job w/ benefits!